Bluetooth upgrade

Area for those who don't want to remain standard!
*AJ*
Great Britain

Re: Bluetooth upgrade

Postby *AJ* » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:57 pm

That is very strange.

Do you have any form of bluetooth keypad or display in your car?

Have you owned the car from new? Sounds like somebody has added something at some point, which could well be a genuine kit but possibly been added elsewhere. You might have to do a bit of digging about. Do you have a phone menu on your MFD on the dash and the pone screen on your RNS510?

Factory location is under the drivers seat. But the unit obviously plugs into the back of the headunit and then the mic should be above your head in the interior light cluster, so actually putting it under the seat might not be ideal if it was done as a retro fit as you'd have to take the carpet out etc.

Id take the glovebox and headunit out and start looking around there.

.:R36 Estate

paulroberts69
Great Britain

Postby paulroberts69 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:48 pm

Actually now you come to mention it, I did actually get the kit fitted shortly after I bought the car by some guys up in Leicester, so you're probably right they probably installed the Bluetooth unit somewhere else, I'll have to do some poking around to see where they put it.

Right now I am changing phones and going through the whole rSAP support debacle again. I've got a new Samsung A5 (Android 6.0.1) which was working fine up until it updated itself with an Android security update, now it won't connect, dagnabbit, so have gone back to my old S5 Mini! :-( Every time I change phones I have to go through all this hassle of checking rSAP support, it's such a drag.

metalhead-79
Finland

Postby metalhead-79 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:24 pm

Looking to add bluetooth to my RNS 510.
Would this kit be plug&play: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-Modul ... Tq&vxp=mtr
and only require vcds coding once plugged in?

Return to “R36 Modifications and Upgrades”